flex pipe

emissary

So I have this stuff called "spa flex" and it's 1.5" and seems to be able to weld into 1.5" pvc stuff fine. It's ... somewhat flexible. Very stiff but you can turn corners over considerable distance. If it's less than a foot or so you can't really do much bending with it. Plus it seems to have an innate bend that it doesn't want to un-learn.

Is there something else that fits with 1.5" PVC but is MORE flexible? Especially over short short distances?

So I have this stuff called "spa flex" and it's 1.5" and seems to be able to weld into 1.5" pvc stuff fine. It's ... somewhat flexible. Very stiff but you can turn corners over considerable distance. If it's less than a foot or so you can't really do much bending with it. Plus it seems to have an innate bend that it doesn't want to un-learn.

Is there something else that fits with 1.5" PVC but is MORE flexible? Especially over short short distances?

That is the best you can get, I have some black stuff that when left in the sun for a while is softens up nicely. It is PVC and is still pretty stiff, it is important that you use deep socket fittings and cement that says is can be used with flexible PVC.

John

As it turns out ... I was finally able to solve the "puzzle" by using a couple of elbows. This whole plumbing thing is still pretty new to me :)

Emmy,

I use the 1" tigerflex which is easier to bend due to the size and possibly the wall thickness.

I too have had to use a 45 for a tighter/more angled bend.

Like John said, you should use a "blue solvent". I use Rain-R-Shine from HD.

I found the socket depth isn't as criticle providing you use the solvent

liberally on both pieces, twist on the way in and allow it to dry in place without wiping

the excess off. One trick I learned is a good clean 90 cut and apply solvent to the tip of the cut as well

so it adhears to the stop in the fitting and seals there as well.

Some of my joints are 10-12 years in use and I used both.

Good luck, this is a fun part too.

Yup, I took your rain & shine advice, twist and push, let dry. Every seal was done this way. :)