ReefKeeper rebooting

telegraham

Woke this morning to a rebooting ReefKeeper Lite head unit. Something must have happened overnight, as the unit was showing C vs F. Power cycled everything, and the head unit is stuck in a three beep reboot loop. Thoughts?

Thank you.

Jim

Edited by telegraham

i dont know much about teh reefkeepers but sometimes with other hardware if you do a hard reset it can kick out whatever is causing the issue.

Contacted DA, and they suggested that rebooting "is usually a sign that the unit is not communicating fully with the power bar." Their suggestions were 1 - power off the power bars(s) so the system is completely powered down, then restart, and 2 - change the port on the power bar that the head unit is plugged into to see if that re-establishes communication. I did both, but no luck. I removed all the modules, and verified the firmware of each. Checksums didn't match, so I reloaded the same firmware starting with the PB4 first. That did the trick. Weird, because nothing had been changed.

Glad you found the issue. Sounds like the firmware was corrupted somehow. I'll remember this in case it ever happens to me. Thanks for sharing the solution.

+1. Thanks for following up with the solution. It'll help others that encounter the same problem in the future.