Matting corals.

Joshifer

So I have a euph island. Well more of a mountain. I have only branching euphs on it. I want something that will cover the rock itself but not growing over the skeletal base of the euph's. Hopefully they'll sting and hold them back but I want the rock covered. But not by GSP or blue clove.

Any other options?

Name me a few please :)

Now I am not sure if any of these can hold up to a euph sting, or if the euph can stand up to them, but here are some anyway. Monti, porites, chalice, blue ridge coral (actually a "soft" that is actually hard), favites

Id go with mushrooms.

Some encrusting "LPS" that will *help* cover rocks, will not overgrow your euphs, but MAY (likely) induce warfare: Favias (dragon soul) or chalice. Or a maze type like platygyra or Oulophyllia. Or a Favites like war coral-those grow fast. But if you really want a fun war go with galaxea-cool coral with lots of movement like you enjoy. Just extreme sweepers which will terrorize your small tank.

Really you should just give the corals you already have room to grow. Last I saw they are already plenty close enough.

Id go with mushrooms.

Some encrusting "LPS" that will *help* cover rocks, will not overgrow your euphs, but MAY (likely) induce warfare: Favias (dragon soul) or chalice. Or a maze type like platygyra or Oulophyllia. Or a Favites like war coral-those grow fast. But if you really want a fun war go with galaxea-cool coral with lots of movement like you enjoy. Just extreme sweepers which will terrorize your small tank.

Really you should just give the corals you already have room to grow. Last I saw they are already plenty close enough.

The rock the euphs are on the the sides are very wide. The front facing way has all the euphs. So I wanted something small for the sides. And once they get close enough the euphs should keep them at bay. Hopefully. Maybe I'll put some Xenia stalks.

Xenia will more than likely smother it as it spreads and Xenia can spread anywhere it feels

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by khh27

Xenia will more than likely smother it as it spreads and Xenia can spread anywhere it feels

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What about GSP? The front has the euphs. The sides are about 5 inches wide and their bare.

Xenia gets tall, can stretch itself tall, then will take away from the nice look of the euphyllias.

GSP will end up all over the place.

What if you put something around the very base of the rock, instead of on it? That's what I prefer to do with mushrooms, keep them around rock bases, making a sort of colorful trim around the rocks.

Edited by treesprite