rainbow pocci got all mad

AlanM

All other corals in my tank were looking fine with polyps out.  My various birdsnest had nice extension.  Frogspawn, hammer, and nem look fine. Fish are doing good.  Hermits and snails not croaking.

I have two colonies of rainbow poccilopora.  One original one on a rock which somehow seeded another colony on the opposite side of the tank on my overflow nozzle (as they do sometimes).  They normally look kind of brown/purple fuzzy with a green base.  Both of them at once pulled in all of their polyps and were just skeleton and flesh.  No polyps.  It went on for a couple of days.  

I did a 20% involuntary water change (one of my sump tanks was falling through the particle board it sat on after sitting there for 3 years) and put on a cup of BRS Rox carbon in a reactor and over the past few days they have gone back to their previous look.

Any theories for what it could have been?  I tested Ca, Mg, alk.  All were where I normally keep them at 425, 1350, and 150ppm, respectively.

Could any corals next to them be stinging them? Kinda weird it would happen in opposite ends of the tank though.

Are the Poccilopara sensitive to any certain water condition? Or just a more sensitive coral that would detect a water parameter being out of line or some kind of chemical in the tank before the other corals?

Stray voltage could be something simple to check just in case, but I would think other corals would be affected also.