Maxspect 200 Series Gyres and Controller

FirstContact

Hey Everyone, 

I am really excited about the release of the 200 series Gyres with new controllers.  Can't wait for Black Friday to see if there are any specials on these!  It's either that or next spring with tax refund time!

Anyone catch these at MACNA or already purchased one or two? 

Thanks, 

Gary

I saw them at MACNA.  The pumps themselves looked very similar to the 100 series, but supposedly they're improved in a variety of ways.  The controller was the really big improvement.  It was really nice and even does stuff like lunar tide simulation given the date if that's something you're interested in.

They looked great and moved a whole lot of water. It was impressive. The controller is a great addition.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I read that they improved the cords and the rotors, but not sure what else. Looking forward to getting a pair. The controller looks fantastic.

What was the cord issue they improved? I have 2 gyres and on one of them the black cord insulation is all frayed and torn where it connects to the "powerhead". I have no idea why or if it might be related to the issue you mentioned.

What was the cord issue they improved? I have 2 gyres and on one of them the black cord insulation is all frayed and torn where it connects to the "powerhead". I have no idea why or if it might be related to the issue you mentioned.

That's the issue that they fixed.  If you email Coralvue they may be willing to exchange it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that they improved the cords and the rotors, but not sure what else. Looking forward to getting a pair. The controller looks fantastic.

This post made me ask about what was Improved...I have frayed insulation, and Alan said:

That's the issue that they fixed. If you email Coralvue they may be willing to exchange it for you.

So, thanks to both of you I wrote to Coralvue about my frayed insulation and it looks like they are sending me a new motor! THANKS!

Here is my motor:

4723e5d1cb588ac211f10feec73d77f6.jpg

Edited by Rob A

Great.  Glad to hear that they're still really responsive about it.  If you have that vintage you might consider buying the rugged impellers and quieter mounting magnets as well.

I would like better impellers. Tiny critters have gotten trough the cages and broken some of them. I also have a 130 and recently it appears the impeller bushing on one side is worn out as it barely turns while the other side is normal.