WTB Dry Sand, where????

Lowefx

Quick post, looking for dry sand-not live sand. Are they any local shops in the area that may carry this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, thanks. I was going to give local shops a try first, but I might have to go to the interweb

Petco in chantilly has any color you want. It's like a dollar a pound. I'm guessing anyway. 5lb bags were $5 10lb $10 etc.

Tip. If your using dry sand. Pour it in a bucket and stick a hose in there and let it run. The dust will spill over the ends. Mix it every once and a while. New dust will spill over the ends.

Edited by Joshifer

how much do you need?  i have a 75g tank with about 1 1/2-2 inches on sand in it.  i switched to a 180 a few months back and used all new sand for it.  You can have it for free if you want it.  It would probably need to be rinsed before use though.  let me know if your interested.  I see your in winchester, i live in middletown, so not a long drive for you.  let me know

I appreciate the feedback people. The petco near me doesn't have to special grade aggregate that I'm looking for. And I would take free stuff, except I'm running zeovit so I'm starting from scratch to keep it a very low nutrient tank. I may have to buy some on marinedepot. That's the only place I've found it.