Gorgonian order update from Gulf Coast Ecosystems

Irishfist25

First let me say that i have placed a few orders with GCE in the past.  Different Macro and snail orders mostly, and I would highly recommend them.  With that said, i ordered 3 different gorgs from them at the end of last week. 1 golden plume, 1 corky finger and 1 tan candleabra.  The order was shipped out on monday and sat in Tampa Bay until thursday morning, i received my order Friday afternoon.  This isnt GCE's fault, but its not the first time this has happened either.  The first time this happened was with a snail order and it didnt really matter much, but unfortunately the gorgs havent faired too well.  I thought all was well when i unpacked them since they looked decent and didnt seem to have any visible damage.  I placed them in the tank on Friday afternoon around 3:00 without any acclimation (this may have been a problem also)  i thought after being packaged for 5 days that the sooner i could get them in fresh saltwater and under some lighting, the better chance they would have.  Unfortunately on saturday morning i noticed the golden plume had extensive visibly damage, about half the plumes where missing skin and the main stalk was missing skin about half way up.  Also the corky finger i received had 2 fingers, 1 looked dead and the other looked decent.  The Candleabra looked pretty good.  I decided to give it another day and see what happened.  This morning the golden plume was worse and the corky finger that was dead looking had skin hanging from it.  So i took the plume out and cut off the dead finger in hopes of preserving the other, im not sure if their health is connected in some way or if each finger is its own "animal".  The Candleabra looks better and has about half its polyps opened at this point.  So I dont blame GCE for this and i still recommend them, just be aware that on occasion this happens.  I've probably placed 6-7 orders with them and 2 have sat in Tampa for almost a week.   That being said, Im still looking to buy gorgs, photosynthetic and local.  Let me know if you have any to sell.  thank you

I didn't contact them, it's not their fault. It's the reliable USPS to blame. Oh wait?!?!

I don't know much about gorgs but thats an awful long time for anything alive. Sounds to me like they should switch carriers...

It's supposed to be two day shipping, but according to USPS two day shipping can take up to 7 day. Stupid