Photosynthetic Gorgonian info

Irishfist25

Looking for advice from anybody that has Photosynthetic Gorgonians.  Like where to place, attach to rock or bury in sand, how close can you place them to other gorgs. even if its the same type.  Im imagining have a few close together, but dont want to cause issues.  How fast do they grow?  also if anybody has any they want to sell, let me know, i'll post in the sale section for that.  thank you

They are probably my favorite group of corals.. I have had a bunch in several tanks.. a few pics

bbb465623ddc082e8b96ba77f441206d.jpg

5ef6ed3ae23f41d4230de890ba8701b1.jpg

21d2fa3d730ed66789729ebbc10c6426.jpg

6c92ab24a492fe769b554b0621759c60.jpg

d829c76ece780d36292c7388414eeb3d.jpg

U get the point haha.. I love em... you can place them close but I wouldn't allow them to touch other varieties much if at all.. my biggest tip would be keep them out and away from the rocks.. in other words they hate rubbing against the rock in the flow...

My tanks have been mostly BB so all of mine have been on the rocks.. they grow pretty fast, but are fairly undemanding..

I can tell you a couple vendors that sell them if you can't find any locally...

who would you recommend buying them from? if i cant find any locally, i was thinking of gulf coast ecosystems.  ive bought other macro from them and have been very happy.  i would prefer to be able to buy locally to keep from having them shipped

who would you recommend buying them from? if i cant find any locally, i was thinking of gulf coast ecosystems. ive bought other macro from them and have been very happy. i would prefer to be able to buy locally to keep from having them shipped

Yep they are one vendor..

You might also try KP Aquatics...and if you order let me know as I may piggy back.

They are the other.. they have awesome stuff.. although they seem to be a little light on stock right now..

GOSKN5, what is the name of the one in that 3rd picture?

That one is purple seafeather.. I have 6 different ones all together.. I plan to add several more once I find them...

Better pic of the seafeather..

31e2b0bcacab74c8137eb4039415eb8f.jpg

This is the pink one.. I have had it for longer than any coral in my system.. I had to cut it back to nearly a frag once as it started dying.. my favorite coral in my tank...

9a6a670c98adfc5ca4b026fc6e667698.jpg

Gorgs have always been a big part of my tanks..