Sump questions

rebekwl

Got 10 gal or so under tank now, and things are really snug. And Ideas on bigger sump? 

Oh yea to make this interesting it's a 92 corner :-(.. Any previous threads,links etc would be helpful. We've even been playing with the idea of having an "L" shaped sump fabbed. however we know this would be the most pricey option.

(edited)

No doubt custom will be the priciest option - but it may still be worth a quick chat with Pure Reef Systems and/or Artfully Acrylic (both sponsors and both in Manassas). Can't hurt to hear what they have to offer.

I recently replaced an Aqueon 10l sump I baffled myself with a custom sump for my 24g DT. Yes, the custom sump cost about 6 times more than the homemade sump - but the extra room and water volume I gained from the  squarer foot print and extra, custom height has made a HUGE difference in the flexibility and performance I get out of my sump now...

Given the size and shape of my stand, it allowed me to maximize and utilize the space and capabilities of the stand and my equipment to much greater degree than any of the off-the-shelf tanks, sumps, or containers I came across would have.

In terms of price, custom usually tends to be expensive.

But in terms of value, there are times when custom actually turns out to be a very worthwhile bargain.

Edited by malacoda

You can try to reach out to Fazio ( Anthony). Not sure if he is still on the boards but at one point he had a custom sump for the 92 gallon. Not sure if he ever sold it or not.

Also, what size are you working with underneath. I have a 24" long sump, an older eshoops one. Not sure if it would work for you.

You can try to reach out to Fazio ( Anthony). Not sure if he is still on the boards but at one point he had a custom sump for the 92 gallon. Not sure if he ever sold it or not.

Also, what size are you working with underneath. I have a 24" long sump, an older eshoops one. Not sure if it would work for you.

It's a 24"x12"x12"