Restaurants with Tanks?

Hey WAMAS.  I'll be in the DC area.  First time since MACNA!  What a great job you guys did btw!  I enjoy seeing tanks!  Any local restaurants have any great displays (& with great food is always a bonus)?  SW preferable of course.  Google search didn't yield too much.  While I'm at it, any LFS with a great looking display also?  The tank at the museum of natural history is definitely on my to do list again!

Thanks for any input!

I'm not sure about restaurants but I will say The Marine Scene in Herndon has some great looking DTs. Reef eScape in Fairfax has several DTs setup too. Enjoy your visit!!

(edited)

If you can, try to make it to the Baltimore Aquarium, just amazing all that they have there.

There is a restaurant right next to Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, MD that has some tanks. No idea how the food is. It's name is Hinode Japanese Restaurant.

There might be a restaurant in the Manassas, VA area with a tank, I will get the name. It is Hibiscus Thai in Reston, VA

Edited by Squishie89

Billy's Thai restaurant, he is a member here also... forgot his username, can someone help?

Billys resturant is the Hibiscus. hibiscusthaicuisine.com

Erik, are you going to be downtown or out in the 'burbs of DC. Big area, so if you can narrow down there may be more of a recommendation.

Thanks guys.  Keep them coming!  I'll be in Arlington.  I'd like to consider myself pretty good with the Metro & getting around, but I'll also have a car.  It's definitely not my last time coming, so please keep posting as anybody thinks/sees them. 

I absolutely love thai food!  I'll be plugging Hibiscus on my list for sure!  Thank you for the LFS recommendations also!  I also had the Balt aquarium on my list this time.  I didn't get to get over during my MACNA stay.

Thanks again!