Favorite frag glue?

Reefer_Madness

Nothing I've tried beats the ecotech glue. It is perfect for aquarium use. It's also the most expensive.

That's what I have been using for a while. It's good stuff.

Handibond. Harbor Freight super glue. Dollar store super glue. All work fine for me. I've not tried Ecotech's glue, but I've got plenty of cheap stuff around for my use when I need it.

I'll also use two-part epoxy putty from time to time. It works best when combined with superglue. That is, form a ball or small disk with the putty and put a dollop of super glue gel on one side. Push your frag into the superglue and putty to secure it there. Then put another dollop of gel on the reverse side of the putty. Then push that side down onto the rock where you want to plant the frag. The putty conforms to the nooks and crannies of the rock and the superglue will hold it there firmly. 

A note on 2-part epoxy.  I have gotten so many frags that had 2-part not fully mixed up and they come apart months down the road.  Just a reminder that when you are "kneading" the 2-part together, be sure you knead it until it is one solid color.  No streaks.  The 2 parts need to be fully mixed together in order to harden.  It's a pain, but if you don't mix it well, it's just basically waterproof Play-doh and comes apart with a little pressure.

Loctite UlTRAGEL Control glue for glueing coral inside my display... For glueing frags to plugs I use Bob Smith industries Maxi-Cure and BSI INSTA-SET... 1 drop of glue is all it takes very cheap compared to Loctite.

Handibond. Harbor Freight super glue. Dollar store super glue. All work fine for me. I've not tried Ecotech's glue, but I've got plenty of cheap stuff around for my use when I need it.

I'll also use two-part epoxy putty from time to time. It works best when combined with superglue. That is, form a ball or small disk with the putty and put a dollop of super glue gel on one side. Push your frag into the superglue and putty to secure it there. Then put another dollop of gel on the reverse side of the putty. Then push that side down onto the rock where you want to plant the frag. The putty conforms to the nooks and crannies of the rock and the superglue will hold it there firmly.

Can i use regular super glue?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Can i use regular super glue?

You mean the watery type? Not really. It won't be nearly as effective as the gel.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

You mean the watery type? Not really. It won't be nearly as effective as the gel.

Gotcha. I have a plate coral tat keeps moving lol. So gotta go get some gel glue

• 3 weeks later...

Can i use this?

b3ab035e04ab558d62aa8af2e575ac33.jpg

I believe so. It's cyanoacrylate gel.

I believe so. It's cyanoacrylate gel.

So amother rookie question, do I just take out the coral and the rock I want to glue it to and just glue it on? Do I have to wait for it to dry or just put it right back in?

Thanks!!!

Can i use this?

b3ab035e04ab558d62aa8af2e575ac33.jpg

Yup that's what I use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk