Well, wont be getting that part of the reef back...

YHSublime

I live on a quarter acre, and I can't even imagine how many corals and inverts lived on that much reef. Sad.

However, maybe this sacrifice will lead to a very rich contributor donating $ to a larger scale replenishment...one would hope

I live on a quarter acre, and I can't even imagine how many corals and inverts lived on that much reef. Sad.

However, maybe this sacrifice will lead to a very rich contributor donating $ to a larger scale replenishment...one would hope

It's a pretty large space. I have a buddy who' dad built a house in an area that you were not allowed to cut down the trees on a section of it. He told his construction crew to go in and cutting down trees till somebody told them to stop. He's got a great view now, especially compared to the neighbors, but it doesn't grow those trees back....

I wonder if the $600K fine will go towards helping rebuild the reef....

My thought as well.

With his Microsoft money and known causes, perhaps he will show up in a larger way than just paying a fine

One would hope. He already has a few conservation efforts under his belt in regards to the ocean.

I've read reports though that the crew dropped anchor exactly where they were told, and then moved once notified of the damage. This really sucks but from what I've seen I wouldn't really put the crew at fault, it just sucks

I've read reports though that the crew dropped anchor exactly where they were told, and then moved once notified of the damage. This really sucks but from what I've seen I wouldn't really put the crew at fault, it just sucks

I'm not pointing a finger, it just sucks, as you said. Who knows how it really went down anyways!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they at least went down and salvaged any of the coral.  Take the 600k and set up a mariculture facility using the new frags to regrow