Delayed anemone shipment

Leishman

Delayed anemone shipment - anyone had this happen to them with anemones?

Got a box that missed the flight yesterday - will arrive tomorrow.

Seven or eight BTAs. Odds of survival?  I know water volume will be a huge factor....

Well, the box arrived.  Packaging was topnotch, everything triple bagged, padded as if there was a 100yr old bottle of Scotch in there, then sealed in thick styro box.

The water was 67f.  I keep my nem system at 71f, so the acclimation was minor.  There were six nems in the box.  Two have holes all the way through, two have gaping mouths and the last two just look unhappy.  All six are fully acclimated, and in baskets.  I may cut the two that look like donuts later today, depending on how they settle in.

This is a FedEx issue, not the vendor.

Fingers crossed.  

Sounds like the vendor did great. I got a 4 hour late shipment from UPS Tuesday. Tis the season. Are the tentacles in tact or were some falling off and in the bottom of bag? Are they showing you guts? The tentacles shedding is really bad. I had a different one do the donut thing and showed me its guts a few times then sucked them in I think to stress me out and mess with my day. It did fine gaping mouth here and there for a couple months then finally settled in.

I don't think I would slice a stressed nem, but you can probably feel it out better seeing it in person. Either way, I would keep them separate from your main grow out, and keep an eye on them for a few days. I got a nem shipped by ERC once, only an hour away, packaging was top notch, and I picked it up on time, but the thing took a few weeks to really come back 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk