Finally Decided to Register and Post!

rsaavedra

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Raf, you might consider moving the monti caps a little lower in the tank, they don't need that much light and if you take care of them they will likely grow out the top of you tank before you know it. Looks good! Awesome job!!!!

• 2 months later...

12/25/06

FTS Lights On:

IMG_4472.jpg

FTS Actinics only:

IMG_4479.jpg

Convict Tang:

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4468.jpg

YS Clown Pair:

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

Red Scooter Blenny

IMG_4450.jpg

Neon Green Tip Hammer

IMG_4470.jpg

Red Lobophyllia w/Light Teal centers

IMG_4462.jpg

Candy Canes:

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

Superman Monti

IMG_4460.jpg

Raf,

How has the Wrasse been, nipping anything good and been a good fish??

Raf,

How has the Wrasse been, nipping anything good and been a good fish??

Howard that wrasse has been a model citizen, everyonce in a while it will flip a snail but after he flips them he goes away.

Raf

Great!

My favorite is the Yellow Coris Wrasse, but your Melanurus is awesome!

I'm letting my pods build up before I add another "pod muncher" to the tank but won't be long!

I'm heading up soon to Inna's to p/u the Sun Coral, if time allows, I might give you a call to stop in and see your new tank since you set it up? :cheers:

Great!

My favorite is the Yellow Coris Wrasse, but your Melanurus is awesome!

I'm letting my pods build up before I add another "pod muncher" to the tank but won't be long!

I'm heading up soon to Inna's to p/u the Sun Coral, if time allows, I might give you a call to stop in and see your new tank since you set it up? :cheers:

I'm in the office today and tomorrow, I'm home from Thursday - New Years. If you are coming up between those days I'll be more than happy for a get together.

RAf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

very nice Raf...

does are awesome pictures.

ON your Jan 4 post, the 5th picture down. What is that Wrassee ?

Thanks CJ, I took a photgraphy 5 minute crash course at 143gadgets Photography School :lol:

The wrasse you are referring to:

Common Name: Melanurus Wrasse

Scientific Name: Halichoeres melanurus

REEF COMPATIBLE: Yes

MINIMUM TANK SIZE: 45 gallons

CARE LEVEL: Beginner

MAX. SIZE IN AQUARIUM: 7 inches

DISPOSITION: Peaceful

HARDINESS: Hardy

DIET: Carnivore

ORIGIN: Indo-Pacific

SANDBED: Yes

BOOK REFERENCE: Marine Fishes - Scott Michaels page 296

Description:

One of the best kept secrets in the hobby, the Melanurus Wrasse is one of the best problem solvers for Planaria flatworms in reef aquariums. Forget medications that can harm or damage your delicate motile invertebrates! The Melanurus Wrasse will consume flatworms and you will see the difference within a matter of a couple of days. Once the flatworms are gone you have an attractive, friendly fish that will readily adjust to a captive diet and frequent the water column with activity. There are definate differences in the sexes as the female has a spot on it's tail and the male lacks that spot.

Wrasses are known to jump from aquariums. Be sure to have some sort of covering with no large open holes that they can escape from. Melanurus Wrasses require sand to hide in when harassed0 or frightened and to sleep in. Females have the same striped pattern as the male but additionally has a prominent dark spot on both the dorsal fin and the caudal fin.

Diet:

Feed a varied diet consisting of large chunks of meaty foods. These foods include krill, raw table shrimp, squid, clam and mussel. Will learn to adapt to captive diet and will also likely supplement the captive diet by consuming amphipods and copepods.

Size Definitions:

Due to availability and individuality of each fish, sizes may vary slightly. This item is only available in one size. Size requests and sex requests are welcome but cannot be guaranteed.

Water Conditions

72-78

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice Raf. It's coming along really well. Keep it up. But watch out, shall you stay on that path you'll end up in the TOTM club :clap:

LOE tank!

Little Of Everything!

I like it! Multiple colors of mushrooms together, lots of good color and texture - and I STILL want some of that pink monti cap! I have about 4-5 different frags of pinkish-purplish-reddish monti caps - but at least under your lights - I like that one best!

Good work!

bob