ATI T5 light fixture with ReefBrite LED strip

thakki

I finally decided to go with T5 light fixture for my new setup...but want to add 2 Reef Brite LED strips to the same fixture...I heard somewhere that this modification can be done or its actually supported by ATI fixture...is that right? If so, can someone provide info on this mod? 

The only mod is to screw the reef brite into the ATI fixture using the screws already on the ATI. It's not really a modification. It's very easy. Just unscrew one screw, put reef brite bracket up to fixture and put the screw back in.

Simple

Thats very helpful. Thanks.

I am actually planning to add 2...front and back...do those fixtures have similar screws in the rear as well?

Also...does the ATI hanging kit support additional load of 2 reefbrites?

Found this link on reef central...this is exactly what I was looking for...5ft long fixture.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2498219

Thats very helpful. Thanks.

I am actually planning to add 2...front and back...do those fixtures have similar screws in the rear as well?

Also...does the ATI hanging kit support additional load of 2 reefbrites?

Found this link on reef central...this is exactly what I was looking for...5ft long fixture.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2498219

The reefbright fixtures don't weight very much, I think it could handle the load, but it depends out your light is currently mounted (ie. in studs, conduit, etc?)

IMO, two reefbright's would be overkill. If you are going to do it, just go with one XHO vs. the Tech model.

Yes, makes sense. Was planning to mount them on the ceiling...not sure though...hope I can find the studs. If not, may be conduit or some other way.

Hmm...I never thought about having only one...always thought of balancing it...but again you make a good point...if 2 are overkill, I may just go with one. Will checkout XHO vs TECH...not sure whats the difference it...I thought of going with TECH. Will have to do more reading on them. Thanks.

Yes, makes sense. Was planning to mount them on the ceiling...not sure though...hope I can find the studs. If not, may be conduit or some other way.

Hmm...I never thought about having only one...always thought of balancing it...but again you make a good point...if 2 are overkill, I may just go with one. Will checkout XHO vs TECH...not sure whats the difference it...I thought of going with TECH. Will have to do more reading on them. Thanks.

The difference is the number of LEDs per fixture. Xho is extra high output. The website will give you the Led count depending on the length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only issue going xho is its black so it's not the same color as your ati. I went this route and don't mind it but some people don't like the two different colors

Only issue going xho is its black so it's not the same color as your ati. I went this route and don't mind it but some people don't like the two different colors

One of the reason for my tech / ATI combo

Check out 21ledusa also. Another option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Never heard about these lights...they seem like very good lights with high part values.