Seasons are changing, time to calibrate...

ridetheducati

Thank you tony. I have never calibrated my pH probe in 2 years so checked tank with salifert it was good. Here's a lesson learned. Calibrated my refractometer is was off by 6. My target is 1.025 so it was actually 1.031 and I'm guessing this also is part of the reason ii have lost a ton of frags the last few months.

Thank you tony. I have never calibrated my pH probe in 2 years so checked tank with salifert it was good. Here's a lesson learned. Calibrated my refractometer is was off by 6. My target is 1.025 so it was actually 1.031 and I'm guessing this also is part of the reason ii have lost a ton of frags the last few months.

Recommend adding a pH probe to your shopping cart.  In my experience, pH probes begin losing its accuracy after 18-24 months.  Also, calibrate probe with calibration solutions of (pH 7) and (pH 10).  For pH probes used inside CaRX, use calibration solutions of (pH 4) and (pH 7).  

Thanks for the reminder.  It's probably been 6+ months for me!  

Couple questions, how often do people replace their conductivity probe?  Those things are expensive!  Also, does anyone bother with calibrating your temp probe(s)?

Thanks

Bill