Red Sea Coral Pro Salt?

MeghanisradxD

I'm thinking about switching. I see some really good reviews and after reading about their reef care program  it seems like it is a solid product, but has anybody used it? Does it really make that much of a difference in coral growth and color?

Just use reef crystals and call it a day, imo. If copps can keep a reef like he does using the same salt, there's no reason to get crazy. That being said, I know some of our members use the Red Sea and they like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Sea salt is perfect to use imo because it has everything in it you need..depending on ur load in the tank you don't have to dose calcium and what not..I only have a 30 gallon and I just do water changes two times a month and never have had a problem

I got to use it on a trial basis for a few months on a  200g reef tank and I honestly couldn't see any difference in the tank versus Instant Ocean. The only difference IMO, was the higher cost.

Red Sea salt is perfect to use imo because it has everything in it you need..depending on ur load in the tank you don't have to dose calcium and what not..I only have a 30 gallon and I just do water changes two times a month and never have had a problem

What are you keeping that requires dosing? Can you tell us what your calc and all levels were daily that led you to the amounts of each you think you are required to put in? The reason I ask is I did this with reef crystals, 150 gallons, and a moderate stock of SPS.

I have no experience with Red Sea, but I'm inclined to side with Rob on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Red Sea for my tank and frankly I only use it because thats the salt I started with and my tank is doing great, so why change something when everything is going fine. I would say just pick a salt mix and stay with it. Tank inhabitants including corals like stability and as long as you are keeping up with maintenance, not over feeding, using decent lights and keeping the alk between 8-10 you should see coral growth and coral color improve as tank matures.

Based on what I know most of the salts are same with some like Red sea coral pro, D-D H2Ocean plus which have elevated levels of Calc., Alk, and Mg. But if you are dosing 2 part or Kalk or using a calcium reactor then you might just be okay using any salt mix.

I would say just pick a salt mix and stay with it. Tank inhabitants including corals like stability and as long as you are keeping up with maintenance, not over feeding, using decent lights and keeping the alk between 8-10 you should see coral growth and coral color improve as tank matures.

Well said.