Is it a hornet?

kjamaya

IMO it looks like a purple hornet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(edited)

The non complete bluish white center makes me think African blue hornet (Blue Macaw).  If all inside the ring was the bluish white it would an OG Blue Hornet. and if there is no white in the center its a purple hornet.

Edited by sethsolomon

I've had all hornets before and are one of my favorites. I know these aren't blue or purple as I've had them before but don't believe they are the African blue hornets.

Anyone else?...

(edited)

I'm almost willing to place a bet if Ben replys he will say a Blue zoa from Indo..

I would have said Blue hornet myself assuming your talking about the zoa behind the new plug. I'm still trying to learn the differences.

Please let me know what it is?

Edited by John Ford

Lol lol on his site he calls these yellow ring zoas..

Blue hornets have white centers upto the ring. These have a blue/purple ring around the mouths seperating the mouth and ring.

Lol lol on his site he calls these yellow ring zoas..

Blue hornets have white centers upto the ring. These have a blue/purple ring around the mouths seperating the mouth and ring.

These are actually from Taiwan, they dont have a name because everyone thinks theyre hornets so they just call them that lol.  All the true hornets are from Australia.