Light for a 40B

Squishie89

I need a light for my 40B coral quarantine tank (similar to a frag tank). I am willing to pay the money for a good light, but I want to stay away from Radion kind of prices. I prefer LEDs and would prefer only one fixture if possible. Would love some suggestions, thanks guys.

I think I would go with a Kessil. They have a clean look and their compact design means it is out of your way when working in the tank.

I think I would go with a Kessil. They have a clean look and their compact design means it is out of your way when working in the tank.

Yea I was going to say that tom but I don't think 1 will give the par needed

If you get 2 I would say yea kessil

I was looking at the kessils. Especially the little ones. I am also considering just getting more buildmyled fixtures (already have 2 on my "display") since I am used to those lights.

Yea I was going to say that tom but I don't think 1 will give the par needed

If you get 2 I would say yea kessil

I think you are right and you would need 2 to provide adequate coverage in a 40b. But then again I have seen many of these in the for sale section of forums lately and you might be able to pick up 2 used fixtures for just a little more than the price of 1 new fixture.

Like this add, and it comes with the gooseneck:

http://richmondreefers.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18125

I run one Kessil A360W on my 40g without issues.

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang

I run one Kessil A360W on my 40g without issues.

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang

What are you growing under it I am cycling a 40b and am using a 350 I get coverage but because I have it so high up. It was really just temporary as I have a it2060 I was planning on using but it looks better an ld cleaner than yhe it2060. The kessil was really intended for a 27cube. My question is how well are you growing stuff Under it as my thoughts was the par wouldn't be good enough.

Mine is a new tank started on June 26 of this year. I have so far 4 fish and 26 frags a mix of sps, lps, and softies and a clean up crew. So far so good, of course the highest i go with those lights is 60%. Nothing is browning out or bleaching nice colors and the frags are growing.

Mine is on a gooseneck at about 9" from the tank.

I have 2 marineland reef capable 36"-48". 1 used for around 3 months and 1 brand news in the box. let me know if you are interested.