Humm kinda lost on this one...

Customride0105

Ok IL try keeping this short but here it goes...

Before anyone ask..

450 gallon tank set up

Water prams

PH 8.1/8.15

Cal 450

alk 11

Sal 1.26

Phos 0

Nit 10/5

100 gallon water change every 2 weeks.

kalk dose.

io salt.

well water ph 7.04 no rodi I have but don't use comes out of well darn close to what rodi does also have whole house system.

Led lights

So here's my question I can't keep a leather cabbage Kenya gsp worth crap they all typically die and don't know why. But here's the catch I have no problem with Hammer corals have over 200 and acros no problem getting great pe and groth. Any one have a idea why I can grow acros but not soft corals. Pic is of acro I got 2 mths ago off a friend who wasn't having success was browned out and not doing well.

my money in on your phosphate is bottoming out.

Now here is the catch to that.  If you are raising your phosphates you will most likely get an algae bloom because I bet your iron and silicates levels are very high because of the well water.   So don't increase your phosphates until you know your iron and silicates levels.

The key to soft corals is having a dirty tank.  

my money in on your phosphate is bottoming out.

Now here is the catch to that.  If you are raising your phosphates you will most likely get an algae bloom because I bet your iron and silicates levels are very high because of the well water.   So don't increase your phosphates until you know your iron and silicates levels.

The key to soft corals is having a dirty tank.  

+1. That is what I think too. How many fish you have? maybe you can increase your feeding.

Lol I guess my edit didn't work...

I feed heavy as crap. They get on regular day basis

4 cubes Mysis

2 pinch of flakes

a pinch of pellets

and 4 sheets of nori..

I can't grow alage also (other than corline)lol. No seriously I can't my tank remains spotless I clean the glass once a week and that's to keep corline alage from growing

Fish included

2 6 line wrasse

1 leopard wrasse

1 des tang 6 inch

1 rabbit fish 9 inch

1 fox face 6 inch

3 spotted mandrine

1 green mandrine

1 pink spotted blenny

One or 2 other fish

why fix it if it aint broke? nice fish, hammmers, and sps doing well.

don't rock the boat.

I was going to say something similar. one man's problem is another man's blessing. you can't grow algae? take it for what it is and enjoy. if you really want softies then set up another small tank and don't run a skimmer...i dunno...just a thought

the only way I see being able to keep softies is get more fish and feed more.  but this also could cause more problems.  If you want softies that badly, slowly increase your bio load with adding more wrasses.  :P  like 6 more leopard wrasses of different varieties.