Hammer coral something eating it?

Jhead85

0b83875fdeadfbf84613adb496c970f9.jpg

My torch coral I had for 3 months then next thing u know it was gone Ina few days..now my pink hammer is doing the same and it's only a week old..something eating it..my frogspawn has beer had a problem nore any other coral in the tank any ideas

Frogspawn looks over inflated. Are you using a swing arm to measure salinity? LEDs can fry corals turn them down if you use them. LPS doesn't need a ton of light. I'm thinking is some sort of water quality because pests are usually rare on these corals. I have seen pictures of some sort of flatworm on the white hard part just under polyps. Also what fish/livestock are you keeping? Sometimes they will munch.

Water quality is perfect nothin else is affected

Just because nothing else is affected doesn't mean your water quality is perfect. What are you parameters, temp, salinity (I see you gave it above), calcium, alkalinity, nitrates, phosphates? What test kits are you using to get them? Do you use a controller? If so, do you monitor your temperature and ph? Are you dosing anything? What kind of lights are you running, and what is your light cycle like?

Do you dip before you put corals into your tank? What do you use if so? Do you have reason to believe you have pests in your tank?

Peppermint Shrimp is only eating dying tissue. 

Don't overlook the obvious- the flesh appears to have receded from the bottom of the branch upwards till it reaches the polyp head., then it looks like it mysteriously dies. Euphylliads all have fleshy growth from the polyp head down to the first branch division if they're healthy. If they don't get enough to eat or are bothered by other corals or don't like the flow, then they'll do what yours have done.

If there's no flesh on a significant portion of the branch, don't buy it.

Euphylliads- torch, hammer, frogspawn, octo-spawn

Well I took it to my brothers tank and checked it a few mins ago and it's all opened up..it's def the shrimp eating it..my first torch coral I had for 8 months and bought peppermint shrimp and a few weeks later the torch was toast..got a new torch from brothers tank and same thing in a week..trust me this shrimp is killing the torch and hammer corals..why I don't know but the frog spawn hasent been touched...it def wasent dying..evil shrimp!

the shrimp is not the culprit. the coral has starved to death due to recession of tissue.

shrimp and most fish typically do not eat healthy corals, but will eat them when they are dying.

Shrimp will definitely finish it off. My banded coral shrimp cleaned up some acans that were on the way out. Never touched them before or anything else. Your coral might not open up in your tank since the shrimp is going back to pick at the dying/dead head and irritating it.