Nano Skimmers

yauger

I'm currently running a Tunze 9004 Nano skimmer but I'm finding out that it is very sensitive to water levels and makes too much sound. In my new house the Nano reef will be in the formal living room and that last thing I want to focus on is the skimmer sound. so with that said does anyone have any good experience with Nano skimmers? I was trying to lookup euro-reef skimmers but it seems I forgot the their new company name (reef dynamics is for the large skimmers) anyways I'd like to hear your comments on Nano skimmers and what you believe is the best from experience.

thanks!

Typically the Tunze Nano skimmers are really reliable, but I had the same issues with water level. I ended up going with a BM E3 HOB. Obviously not the prettiest thing in the world, but it works like a champ. It can be noisy at times though with a gurgling noise. Maybe try one of the IM Ghost skimmers if they fit.

thanks yeah I have been looking into the HOB skimmers and I don't think it would work with a Nuvo, the ghost skimmers dont have the reliability. so far I think I may go with a tunze 9002 skimmer with the MOD. it works well and has no low sound. but the skimmer I'm trying to find more information about is the euro-reef nano skimmers.. can't seem to find any for sale at the moment.

yeah I figured that when my searches came up with nada... I'm looking for used, from what I have read people really liked them but the price was out of control.

thanks yeah I have been looking into the HOB skimmers and I don't think it would work with a Nuvo, the ghost skimmers dont have the reliability. so far I think I may go with a tunze 9002 skimmer with the MOD. it works well and has no low sound. but the skimmer I'm trying to find more information about is the euro-reef nano skimmers.. can't seem to find any for sale at the moment.

What mod are you referring to?

Have you looked into the mame skimmers for nanos?

Matt it's never light! Lol nah this time it's only two tiny clowns a cardinal and a juvenile yellow tang and a ton of corals.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a CPR PS Refugium (Small) sized refugium; it includes a built in Venturi  Skimmer. No noise; and it  doesn't  depend on Water level or force you to empty cup every hour or two.  It's a spare and I'd be willing to part with it.