What to do with a broken tank

Dario5678

Hello,

I have a 90 gallon with a cracked glass behind the overflow that has a slow leak.  Should I be taking this to the dumpster or could it serve a purpose for me or anyone else?

Also, with a tank that size how do I get every drop of water out of it since my pump wont get the water out at the lowest levels?

You can give it away/sale to people to use as reptile tank or possibly repair it.

Scoop out water with a cup and then use Car wash sponge or a bath towel to remove the rest of the water from the tank.

Hello,

I have a 90 gallon with a cracked glass behind the overflow that has a slow leak.  Should I be taking this to the dumpster or could it serve a purpose for me or anyone else?

Also, with a tank that size how do I get every drop of water out of it since my pump wont get the water out at the lowest levels?

Craigslist it .. someone will want it. Use a shop vac to get all water out.

Keraxis makes that sound so easy

As long as you can say it with convince.... people believe you

(edited)

I have broken more tanks than I can count. It depends on where it's broken. When I broke my 65, I took out the back panel, had the glass shop cut it down, then cut off the end where the break was, then I put the tank back together creating an external overflow set into the section where the broken glass was removed. I used extra pieces of glass on the inside and the outside of the tank to seal over the cut line, using glass epoxy and then silicone.

You could also take the tank apart and use the glass for baffles for a sump. I have a ton of glass panels from broken tanks....

Edited by treesprite