Cool critters for nano frag tank?

(edited)

I am setting up this little frag tank off my display. It's 16"x16x6". It's a little thing, but will get my frag racks off the sides of my display which I hate with a passion. I'll be putting the usual frags in it like SPSs and Zoas. I was just going to toss a six line wrasse in there and call it a day, but since the frag tank is in a cool spot I figured I should make it interesting and put something cool in there. Problem is, I have no ideas.

It will be bare bottom with one rack 1" off and the other 2" off the bottom.

Since the view will be from the top it would be cool to have some acro crabs or some kind of cool worms. Maybe a nudibranch..... Maybe something that would breed....

I think it is a cool opportunity to watch something closely from the top. Could be pretty interesting. It's a great viewing area.

Do you guys have any ideas?

7465ed8ac2efb99a8e280aa86adaaef4.jpg

Edited by Reefer_Madness

i would only add critters that serve a purpose. A few peppermint shrimp, crabs, snails. dont turn it into another display!

(edited)

please don't put a wrasse in there buddy....they jump!

Think so? I see six lines in frag tanks a lot with no screen. They are a good pest hunter. Edited by Reefer_Madness

Just google it....you'll see a bunch of people lost theirs without a cover.

I'm with H on this one, just put in things that will benifit. Peppermint shrimp would be cool, or sexy shrimp pair and a rock nem just as perm decoration.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

A couple of unexpected problems:

There really isn't anywhere to hide and it is REALLY bright in the that small area, so my cleaner just hides under the rack all day. My emerald crab does the same thing. The total depth is only 5".

Also, the algae is growing. I gotta get something to eat HA.

Edited by Reefer_Madness