APEX Guru's?

Scubaguy

Over the next couple of weeks, I am looking to get a crash course on the APEX Gold..

Can anyone out there lend a hand?

I do have to go out of town next wednesday for a few days.. but when i get back I am looking to fill my tank... 

I was wondering if/when you set up the APEX do you do it in stages? Heaters? Probe's? Pumps?? or do you just jump right in and do everything at once...??

Also saw where it controlled a float in a protein skimmer over flow to shut it off when its full...

I havent cracked the book ( YET ).. Maybe i should start.. Thoughts, Experts, Chime in...

Thanks, Richie

Just post your questions here.  Many members have apex's and can share our code.  

The first thing I would do is browse the comprehensive manual on their website.

I would certainly do it in stages until you are comfortable with the programming, but it is pretty easy to set it up.

Just post your questions here.  Many members have apex's and can share our code.  

The first thing I would do is browse the comprehensive manual on their website.

I would certainly do it in stages until you are comfortable with the programming, but it is pretty easy to set it up.

Thanks Scott! I figured I needed to do some reading. I will down load the manual today.. and start doing my homework. 

Appreciate the feed back..

Richie

I recently set up a second one and with Fusion now its a breeze. I also watched all the Apex videos on BRS which was very very helpful.

I've got my skimmer hooked up to mine with an overflow shut off.  Its saved me from a volcano more than once.

To do that you need a breakout box.  I don't recall if the "gold" comes with one or not.  I use an Avast top off sensor that I've installed in the skimmer cup.  That is connected to the breakout box.

Then, setup a virtual outlet that turns on and off with the switch.  Use the virtual outlet to control your skimmer.  You can use the switch input without the virtual outlet, but I get confused as to which switch input number is what, so the virtual outlets let you name them.

Over the next couple of weeks, I am looking to get a crash course on the APEX Gold..

Can anyone out there lend a hand?

I do have to go out of town next wednesday for a few days.. but when i get back I am looking to fill my tank...

I was wondering if/when you set up the APEX do you do it in stages? Heaters? Probe's? Pumps?? or do you just jump right in and do everything at once...??

Also saw where it controlled a float in a protein skimmer over flow to shut it off when its full...

I havent cracked the book ( YET ).. Maybe i should start.. Thoughts, Experts, Chime in...

Thanks, Richie

Richie

I'm happy to help. It's not hard at all, and between here and R2R, you should be able to find all the codes you need. I'm being lazy and not typing up a lot, but feel free to pm me. I'm happy to walk you threw some of it on the phone.

aquarium7043.png

Thanks for the information. I will PM you when I get to the at point. I will order a break out box if the gold didn't come with it. ( probably not ). I still haven't opened the box yet.

Richie

Thanks for the offer Tricia! I will hit you up should I run into a road block.

Richie

(edited)

Thanks for the offer Tricia! I will hit you up should I run into a road block.

Richie

Disclaimer. ... not a guru! But I just set one up and it's pretty simple for a basic set up. Then you can start getting fancy with float switches, breakout boxes, VirusScan outlets, etc

aquarium7043.png

Edited by truetricia2

I got some pretty complex ones setup .. one for the entire fish room controlling 4 tanks, etc. More than happy to help .. best advice: backup, backup, backup. If you make a goof, just restore from your last point :)

Thanks Jam... Will ping you when Im ready... I mounted most of the components last night in the cabinet.. :)

post-2634883-0-87807700-1428150306_thumb.jpg

Nice and clean, just how I like it! You can daisy chain all of that if you want to cut down on cords coming from the EB8. Fusion is great and will for 90% of what you need. Good luck!

Definitely like the nice and clean look. I thought about daisy chaining them together but then I would have the same cables just wrapped up I will mess around with it a bit more down the road. if they had 6 inch cables it would have been cleaner..

Thanks!

Richie