Apex display screen cable

yauger

Re-wrap it with electrical tape and avoid sharp objects in the future?

Edit* I'd also solder them before you wrap it.

Edited by Happyfeet

I have a nice soldering iron and probably have the appropriate sized shrink tube to do the repair. Would only take a couple minutes to knock out and you wouldn't have to worry about it in the future.

sorry got carried away with work... madweazl!!! that is an excellent idea. thank you so much for offering to help me out with this. I'll shoot you a PM 

yeah it was a silly mistake, I was moving my dogs crate and the side clip got caught on the wire and snap! sigh I had it zipped tied up to the side of my cabinet too; just didn't think of the crates hook grabbing the wire. 

I understand why the wire is so thin but every time I handle it I feel like I'm going to cut or damage it.

Nice soldering iron! RC stuff being useful for other things. Ill have to bring over a cheap multi meter I have with a soldered in fuse...which is blown.

Mine broke and I just quit using it.  You don't really need it for anything other than possibly the first time you setup the network.

Is everyone sure its a two wire interface?  Mine seemed like it had a fine wire between the two larger conductors.  That frayed and it quit working.  I know that was the cause because it looked like an insulator or something and I snipped it to stop it from fraying more.  It quit working that instant.  What looked like the main two wires were never broken.

So, if you are going to solder it, might need to look carefully at the wire for all the conductors.

Yauger stopped by with the controller this evening but I havent had any luck getting the wires tinned. The blue is exceptionally difficult and I havent been able to get it to take any solder at all. I was able to burn through the coating (polyamide apparently) on the other wires but the blue is apparently made of kryptonite. It looks like I burned through it but it still wont tin. I'll give it another shot tomorrow when the light is better but may have to throw in the towel. 

IMGP3212_zpsy6n8vx1z.jpg