Frozen mini cubes of food

Fishie

I haven't been particularly good at managing the frozen slab of food...cuz it would gather at one end and get thick and I would be too lazy to break it to the right size.

anyways I wanted to try making my own version of frozen fish food.

I got mini ice cube trays to keep them at the right size and I can resuse them as needed

I was thinking of the following

1) Vitachem

2) freeze dried cyclop-eeze

3) rods food

4) fresh shrimp

5) some random fishy stuff from a Asian grocery store (idk if I can find some roe etc there for sushi...I may throw that in with it)

6) seaweed rolls

7) mashed clove of garlic

mash it all up and pour in the mini cube tray

I want to add some probiotics but don't know what to put in there ...any suggestions ?

Many fish foods are already composed of multiple sources. Go to an Asian food store and buy red sushi roe. Everything in my tank goes nuts when I put it in.  H Mart across from Merrifield Garden Center has it.

on frozen slabs of food i cut them into small cubes and put them in a tupperware or ziplock container with lid and just keep them in the freezer.  i use a serated knife, cuts like butter

I have been using (and am running out of) frozen food from Scott. I thawed it out then squished it to as dry as I could get it, then packed it down into the bottom only part of the wells in the ice cube trays that have the rubber bottoms. The rubber bottoms mean I can just push on the bottom of the well and the piece pops up to be taken out. Even just puttign the food to the top of the rubber part made pieces that are too big for my needs, so I guess next time Scott gets into making food for selling, I'll have to buy more of these ice cube trays and fill them smaller amounts per well.

How about put the food in the freezer zip lock bag? It would flat out and easily break to piece that meet your fish need.

Edited by s2nhle

I reuse the old San fransisco frozen treys I had originally bought as frozen food. I go to Asain market and buy few different types of seafood from shrimp, squid, octopus, sushi roe, calms, oysters and even still mix in the frozen brine shrimp. Grind it all in food processor then put in small treys and refreeze. I make different mixtures depending on what types of fish I'm feeding.