Glass Mag-Float with Magic Eraser for Acrylic?

Brian Ward

This is my first time having an acrylic tank. I have a brand new Mag-Float for glass tanks but I know that can't be used as-is. I've just been reading that I can put a magic eraser on the inside and clean the tank with that. Anyone ever done this with success? Do I need to put the magic eraser on both the inside and outside or just the inside?

If you haven't used this are there any other ways you've modded the glass mag-float to use on acrylic? Or do I just need to buy a new one specifically for acrylic?

I know that algae free makes pads for acrylic to use with their awesome magnet cleaners. Perhaps this will be your last acrylic tank!

Depending in the thickness of your acrylic, some of the mag floats for acrylic will work... Mines 1/2 and the largest mag float for acrylic does nothing :( I just said f'it and use a tiger shark... But mines old acrylic with some crazing so I don't really notice any new swirls...

I've also used magic erasers and also not noticed any new swirls?

I use the glass magnet on acrylic because it works well. I always scrub the magnet with a bristle brush before using to prevent small particles from scratching the tank.

I use the blue glass scrubby on a stick instead of the white acrylic pad.

I generally don't scratch tanks because I ultimately have to polish them out.

I have hear the magic eraser on the inside works, have not tried it yet, but I think that Adam with Artfully Acrylic said to use it.......(you see how I preface everything with I either "hear" or "think"...which means I am not sure. :blink: