GOSKN5......80 shallow

GOSKN5

Not really a build thread, since I didn't document much of the startup.. but more a place to add updates etc as I go.. I have posted pics around before.. so most have probably seen them..

Deep blue 80 shallow (48x24x16)

40 breeder sump

2 AI Hydras

2 mp10wes (took out the gyre)

Speedwave DC return pump

Bubble magus 180a skimmer

BRS dual reactor gfo/carbon

some of the livestock include:

2 RF nems

4 bubble tips (2 red, purple with green tips, neon orange)

5 photosynthetic gorgs

various softies and leathers

Halimeda macro

A few SPS

Yellow coris wrasse

Melanarus wrasse

Fiji barberi clown

2 lyretail anthias

1 of the tiniest hi fin striped gobies ever with his equally tiny (but loud) pistol shrimp

plan to add another wrasse or two and a few other misc fish.. as well as a few more SPS possibly...

c0cef8caec6eb8b74283b3fcb7874af0.jpg

4d6ca94b24e19cb5fd864b0f9dc12808.jpg

f5ffd9b1d1f68a2fd2cc37ce23476e7d.jpg

0570a260451923cc9dc7a603f90893c1.jpg

ac3d10155dcac2a1e8d9cfb78f1ac0ca.jpg

e60576f75b39ffcb2475b946b1c0b896.jpg

7e38980bd70a2ecf0ea1330b08bc12b0.jpg

Gonna add some higher res pics as soon as I steal the wife's high dollar camera haha

My fish suggestion is fewer fish fewer problems but I know how that went with my tank ha. How did you like the gyre I have never had one. Sweet setup

My fish suggestion is fewer fish fewer problems but I know how that went with my tank ha. How did you like the gyre I have never had one. Sweet setup

Haha I agree... unfortunately I'm a fish person... the corals etc are secondary to me..

The gyre was ok, huge flow, small design... limited flow options, and only one direction of flow... didn't work too good for my tank... but I wouldn't hesitate to run it on a larger tank

That is a stunning tank, I love it.

Thanks a bunch

What ever makes you happy! More Anthias would not hurt! Blue Reef Chromis are one of my favorites.

More anthias are an option

Looking good!my personal favorite is a midas blenny, but since you have the yellow coris maybe not...

I love the midas as well...I had one before in a previous tank... great fish

Nice... have to look into them...

I am considering adding a single of several types of chromis... LA has 4 varieties and I have read they should be fine as singles... been looking for something different and thinking of going that route.. along with a blenny/goby

Took 90% of my sand out today... didn't have much to start with... bottom was painted white in anticipation of me wanting to go back to BB... still some here and there that I will get the next few water changes... I do have a deep spot behind an acrylic wall for my wrasses to sleep...

b78a78052a90fe57c7625a8bce2dd288.jpg

I was wondering where you got your stand?  I'm looking at setting up the same tank but still have to order it.  I made the mistake awhile ago fo trying to buidl my own stand and I ended up having a 40 breeder that wasnt sitting flat.

Thanks for your help and beautiful tank!

I actually found a used 120 gallon stand... same footprint, although I would like it about 6" taller.. Deep blue makes a stand for it I believe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...