The Aquapod 24 gallon nano

Guest Ominojacu

Guest Ominojacu

Anyone have this tank? I just got mine and have some gripes. I thought it had a protien skimmer, turns out it has surface skimming. The stand is rediculous, I couldn't tell from the picture when I ordered it, but it has no space in it at all. and no access holes to even be able to hide the electric cables. I am going to drill one to do that and I have added a nano skimmer, which does fit into the filter box. Still trying to figure out how to hide the calcium reactor since there is no room in the stand. Anything else I should worry about with this setup?

Guest Ominojacu
do you have any pictures of your set up and nano?

55558[/snapback]

not much to see right now, I have set it up with 20 pounds of live sand, a platform made of 1/4 plexi for the live rock, which I need to buy this weekend. Do you know anyone in Germantown, or near by that would give me a cup of their sand to help me get it going? I'll post some pics when it all loaded.

Guest Ominojacu
A CA reactor on a 24g tank?

Really?

55629[/snapback]

Yeah, I am building it myself, is that an overkill? This is my first saltwater tank and wife will only let me have so much space, so I am trick'en it out as much as possible, learning about all the saltwater techinques in the process. The ozone kicks ass, but I have to add some carbon filters to the air vents, my wife is taking issue with that "just rained" smell that our living room has taken on. I am also starting on some copedepod cultures. I would like to eventually try a seahorse, even if I don't, it seems like copedepods are a great food for other fish as well.

If it is going to be All/mostly SPS then I think the CA reactor would be awesome. It will keep Ca/Alk stable. Better than dosing 2-part if you ask me. I am looking to buy a Ca reactor soon.

BTW... U promised pics tonight... Where are they!!!! Just Joking :)

It seems like a lot, a 24 g tank just cant use THAT much CA, to make it cost effective, and I'd worry about the ph dropping. THat said, if you have built it I'd use it.

Guest Ominojacu
If it is going to be All/mostly SPS then I think the CA reactor would be awesome. It will keep Ca/Alk stable. Better than dosing 2-part if you ask me. I am looking to buy a Ca reactor soon.

BTW... U promised pics tonight... Where are they!!!! Just Joking :)

55855[/snapback]

I will have some left over parts if you want to build your own. Extra PVC and clear acrylic tubes etc. the expensive parts are the solenoid, CO2 Gauges, Needle valves and of course the pump and the CO2 tank. Aside from the pump and CO2 tank and using my left over parts, you could probably put together one for less then 100.00

Guest Ominojacu
It seems like a lot, a 24 g tank just cant use THAT much CA, to make it cost effective, and I'd worry about the ph dropping. THat said, if you have built it I'd use it.

55863[/snapback]

I am hoping I don't have to add a PH controller to it, but I'll keep an eye on it. I am using duel cylinders, so hopefully the PH will adjust before getting back in the tank. I could experiment with addition cylinders or different media too, if there is a problem, that might be a cheaper way to solve it then the controller.

• 3 weeks later...