Clingfish got stuck

paul b

So this guy, a clingfish decided to jump into my surface skimmer which leads to an empty bio pellet chamber that I have just for the coolness factor and it is filled with brittle stars then it goes to the protein skimmer then to the algae trough and last but not least, the reverse UG filter.  So he was stuck in the bio pellet chamber chamber which I designed so it could not be opened.  So I had to take the entire thing apart while squirting water into it to keep the stupid fish alive.  Now I have to re-design the surface skimmer to be clingfish proof even though in 15 or 20 years no other fish had decided to take this trip.  I got him out and he seems fine but he doesn't care one bit how much work I had to do to take all this stuff apart.

2014-12-09143343_zpsed3255a1.jpg

Surface skimmer with floating top so it just skims the surface

2013-08-12105933_zpsd65ad9ec.jpg

2013-06-18141318_zpsde46e6bc.jpg

Bio pellet chamber where fish was stuck.

2013-08-01150519_zps9833d03a.jpg

...  Now I have to re-design the surface skimmer to be clingfish proof even though in 15 or 20 years no other fish had decided to take this trip.  I got him out and he seems fine but he doesn't care one bit how much work I had to do to take all this stuff apart.

Well, we certainly wouldn't want you to get bored with your setup ...  :tongue:

That is not likely to happen as I have a fully stocked workshop and I could build a space shuttle if I had the need for one.  A small space shuttle but a space shuttle none the less. :rolleyes:  Always something going on

2014-07-26130031_zps3a5e69dd.jpg

2014-04-09130006_zpsc02053d8.jpg

2014-03-27114116_zps9fafe7ef.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg[/

URL]Wormkeeper003.jpg

Edited by paul b

Paul- I think you may need help with your turkey baster addiction (you can get help, just ask) 50+....really? or was there a buy one get 49 free sale?

was this just a ruse to show off pictures of your shop?

Yes

I actually build those for a wholesaler, but you will have to figure out who that is yourself  :cool:

You would be amazed with what I build.  I am working on a Stepford Wife now but all I got so far is Pee Wee Herman  :huh: