Coralife Biocube 29 Do’s and Don’ts?

Norboo

I have been out of the hobby for a while and want to get back into it slowly.  I am thinking Biocube 29 might be a good start for me this time around. 

Pro’s and Con’s for biocube?

Any must do modifications? 

Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Depends what you want to grow. Softies and Lps will be just ok with stock lighting. Anything above will probably require lighting mods, IMO.

I like the 29 gallon bios. Are you a member? If not, you should consider being a paying member, the access to the buy sell trade forum will countlessly save you $20 over and over again!

I recently came back with a 29g biocube. It's been very easy so far. intank llc makes some good mods for it. the media basket, tunze 9001 skimmer, and cobalt mj1200 pump are excellent additions.

when i can afford it, 2 companies offer LEDs that look great. stevesleds and rapidleds.

i bought a 5.5g tank at petco for $15 to hold ro/di top-off water (fits in the stand perfectly), and a tunze nano osmolator for ATO, so the tank is pretty automatic. just do a quick 3g water change every weekend and that's it.

I had a biocube 29 for years. It looks nice and is highly customizable. search:  biocube resource guide

You will get more info than you can take.

Edited by sen5241b

• 3 weeks later...

You can do a lot with a 29 gallon tank.  The internet is full of modifications if you want to do them, but the tank will do just fine without any modifications for most reef tanks or fish only tanks.