rbta removal tips?

Fritz0id3937

My rbta split again, that makes 3. How can I remove one? One is too close to corals and his foot is deep deep into some pukani rock. Anyone have tips or exp on getting it out? I can't reach the foot. Soon my tank will be all anemones. Thanks.

I've heard you can point a power head at it to make it try and find a new spot.

Issac's method is one route. Can you use forceps or tongs to get an ice cube down by the foot? If so, put a ice cube in a zip lock bag and get it close to the nem's foot. This should irritate the nem so it moves. Make sure you use a bag or something else to prevent harm to the foot.

Edited by Rburgee

The power head works eventually. When they go on the move they are easy to peel off the rock. You can also take the rock out and tap the rock with a hammer and they don't like the vibrations from the hammer and drop off. I havnt had luck with the ice method.

Ice didn't work, couldn't get it close enough and it melted too fast. So I just bugged him until he completely receded into the rock. Then, I plugged his hole with rubble rock. Hopefully he comes out somewhere else that's easier to get at.

How has cutting their foot off worked for you? Did you end up with 2? I can't even get close to the foot tho. Still completely inside the rock since I plugged his hole, only one tentacle sticking out.

I've used a screwdriver and a hammer to take rocks out and chisel the rock away until I can safetly peel the foot. If you wanted it done yesterday, that is your best option. Otherwise, I would suggest a power head and wait. Alternatively, you could let it stay there and sting your coral, or move the coral.