turkey bastered too hard

Fishie

hey all, i was cleaning my tank today and didn't think i could do this ...but i pumped my turkey baster a bit too hard over one of my corals and it blew the slime coat off...the coral frag was very healthy so i don't think it was dead tissue...it just blew off...

the base of the frag still has all the slime/tissue on it...

will this heal...anything i shud do ?

hey all, i was cleaning my tank today and didn't think i could do this ...but i pumped my turkey baster a bit too hard over one of my corals and it blew the slime coat off...the coral frag was very healthy so i don't think it was dead tissue...it just blew off...

the base of the frag still has all the slime/tissue on it...

will this heal...anything i shud do ?

I hope this did not happen to all the new stuff that I plan on getting frags ounces they grow out!

I would think there is nothing you should do since changing things may stress the coral out even more. Look for RTN or if that area dies back and then make a decision if you decide to frag off the bad section to save the live section. I just did this to an acro on my frag rack that got pushed over by a snail into another acro and the tip died and turned brown. So far it looks like it is healing over. But I would take the advice of someone else that has been growing corals longer then myself.

I hope this did not happen to all the new stuff that I plan on getting frags ounces they grow out!

I would think there is nothing you should do since changing things may stress the coral out even more. Look for RTN or if that area dies back and then make a decision if you decide to frag off the bad section to save the live section. I just did this to an acro on my frag rack that got pushed over by a snail into another acro and the tip died and turned brown. So far it looks like it is healing over. But I would take the advice of someone else that has been growing corals longer then myself.

it did happen to one of them...tierra del fuego of all ...shrug...and it was doing very well and had gotten brighter colors than when i got it..

but it has retained the base and i do se PE on the naked part...so i am crossing my fingers and hoping it makes a full recovery.

If it's just the slime that it excreted then it will be fine as it will just make more, nothing to worry about. It was probably making slime to clean itself from the other debris you were kicking up while cleaning the tank.

it did happen to one of them...tierra del fuego of all ...shrug...and it was doing very well and had gotten brighter colors than when i got it..

but it has retained the base and i do se PE on the naked part...so i am crossing my fingers and hoping it makes a full recovery.

Good luck with it Nick.

• 3 weeks later...