New Marineland 180, to keep or not?

Tink

Here's the deal, I bought a new Marineland 180 last summer for a tank build and just now got to the point of fully unboxing it. Before cutting it free from its pallet and removing all the cardboard I had to get a few measurements, and pulled back some of the cover to do so. After removing the side panels I discovered some very crummy silicone work. I'm looking to get some opinions on weather it'll be a good idea to fight for an exchange (despite having lost the receipt, and it being bought a year ago. Though I did fill out some paperwork when I bought the tank, so there should be a record I hope) with the fish store. Here are some shots of what I'm working with:

IMG_2467_zps571108e6.jpg
In this shout you can see that the silicone has been squeezed out of this seam and left to dry that way. You can also see the bubbles in the seam itself.

IMG_2469_zps3f4799ae.jpg
Here you get a better view of the top half of the seam as it seals the 2 panels

IMG_2468_zps3d27b368.jpg
Here is a shot of the lower half of the seam

IMG_2470_zps5d43ecd0.jpg
And finally for this seam the very bottom corner mess

IMG_2471_zpsb2dc766b.jpg
This shot is of the back left seam, but is kind of hard to make out what I'm attempting to show. The gap between the panels that is filled with silicone is about 1/8"... normal?

IMG_2472_zpsa58b81c0.jpg
Here is a different angle of that same seam

IMG_2473_zps0abd083a.jpg
Here shows the bubbles in the front right seam

IMG_2474_zps895d51cd.jpg
Here is a zoomed out view of that same front right seam

IMG_2475_zpsca959779.jpg
And lastly a shot of the tank in its still fully boxed state.

Thanks

(edited)

See the sticker on the bottom right of your tank? It says "lifetime warranty". I would call them with your concerns and not mess with the tank until you have it all figured out with them.

Edited by SaltLife

See the sticker on the bottom right of your tank? It says "lifetime warranty". I would call them with your concerns and not mess with the tank until you have it all figured out with them.

I thought the EXACT same thing!

Take it from me contact Marineland they will arrange for a replacement. Contact your LFS for assistance. Quantum has assisted me in the past with positive results  :laugh:

Happy Reefing!!!

I'm worried that it's just a guaranteed piece of pooh. If marineland wants me to take a dump in a boxes and slap a guarantee on it I can. I have spare time. Tell marineland that I was interested in a 180 (because I am) and that after seeing this i will never buy one unlessthey have awesome customer service and they fix yours.

Too bad that guarantee requires a Marineland stand. If I were to water test without it, that guarantee goes bye bye.

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't honor their warranty with the pictures you provided. That silicone work looked pretty bad.