Crob5965

I am working on switching from a 4' 90 Gal with a 4-5" DSB to a 6' 125gal BB, I have a pretty good variety of inverts in my CUC, snails brittle stars hermit crabs etc.

my question is this, should I change my CuC now that I will not have any sand to stir up, I have a lot (20-30) of Nassarius snails, i'm not too worried about my Blue and red hermits, they seem spend most of the time on the rocks anyway, but my snails are always in the sand bed.

also for the record white hermits suck, I bought 4 from R2G about 6mo ago and although they are fun to watch, due to the speed at which they move, they constantly run all over my Fungia's so they will most likley make a trip to my sump.

Trochus snails are my favorite. Hard working and fast. They prefer my glass and rocks over sand anyways and they defend against even the largest of hermits by shaking them off. If you have any ceriths they won't be happy about this change.

--

Warren

Trochus snails are my favorite. Hard working and fast. They prefer my glass and rocks over sand anyways and they defend against even the largest of hermits by shaking them off. If you have any ceriths they won't be happy about this change.

--

Warren

I might try  10 or so, I didnt see many places online that sell them, and I dont think I've seen them at many LFS

I might try  10 or so, I didnt see many places online that sell them, and I dont think I've seen them at many LFS

Marine Scene in Reston regularly has them in stock.

Since it's a newer tank and not a lot of well developed algae on glass etc and accumulated pooh, I would suggest buying nothing so they don't starve. Maybe trade in the snails for some corals. And buy some better suited snails later

(edited)

Since it's a newer tank and not a lot of well developed algae on glass etc and accumulated pooh, I would suggest buying nothing so they don't starve. Maybe trade in the snails for some corals. And buy some better suited snails later

fair point, I figured that the 150+lbs of existing LR I have would be good, but I rarely if ever see my snails digging around in my rocks, other than my astrea snails.

Edited by Crob5965