Marine Depot

BeltwayBandit

My only complaint with MD is that I am too cheap to pay for second day shipping so it takes a week for orders to ship across the country via UPS ground. Other than that I have always been very pleased with their selection and price. I have never ordered live goods from them.

Other comments?

My wife says, "Yeah, marine depot DOES take forever to ship. Like when we were waiting for that pump and it took 9 days to deliver."

Me on the other hand, I can't remember what I do from one moment to the next so it's like...

1. Order pump

2. Forget about ordering pump

3. Do all manner of things over the course of some period of time

4. A pump arrives in the mail! Woohoo, what a nice surprise!

So yeah, handy for not urgent things. Never had a problem with them. Actually that's not true. Had an entire box of 96W compact flourescents smashed to bits once (looked like it had been beaten against a tree for an hour). Called 'em. They said, "Yeah, that happens sometimes with the shipping. We'll send you a new set." And that was that.

My wife says, "Yeah, marine depot DOES take forever to ship.  Like when we were waiting for that pump and it took 9 days to deliver."

Me on the other hand, I can't remember what I do from one moment to the next so it's like...

1. Order pump

2. Forget about ordering pump

3. Do all manner of things over the course of some period of time

4. A pump arrives in the mail! Woohoo, what a nice surprise!

So yeah, handy for not urgent things.  Never had a problem with them.  Actually that's not true.  Had an entire box of 96W compact flourescents smashed to bits once (looked like it had been beaten against a tree for an hour).  Called 'em.  They said, "Yeah, that happens sometimes with the shipping. We'll send you a new set."  And that was that.

53042[/snapback]

We need to coordinate better next time... I bet 3day shipping split 3-4 ways would look pretty attractive ;)

And for the other side of the coin, I'd say given my experiences here and the fact the 3 of 4 of the first posts on RC are negative I'd put them in the "B" league of vendors, maybe even "C"..................not AquaCon bad but not worth doing business with either.