Live Aquacultured Copepods

johnnybv

Would you be interested in Ocean pods?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in Ocean pods?

• Yes, I would come a get some.
    • No thanks, save your $$ John.

Johnny,

Dealing with LIVE food, the issue of turn-around must be considered and with compared to Live Brine Shrimp that runs for about $2.00 for a portion (oz.) vs. $25. for 4oz, for myself, would be a no-brainer.

BUT, for setting up a new system, I could see a good benefit to pickup. But for existing systems, I'll vote for the brine.

Shelf life would be the biggest issue for me to recommend this as a "Business Investment" Risk vs Profit would be high.

I have been interested in ordering this stuff for my tank for awhile..Sleeper gobys and other 'pod snacking fish are stretching my refugium/sump thin.

a solution could be for people to order and pre-pay for the pods.

I would try it once to just see what the hype was and see if there was some other variety of pods/mysis that could seed my system- but I would not think it would be a regular item that folks would normally buy.

Pretty pricey for a normal food item as Howard said

Pretty pricey for a normal food item as Howard said

To claify, for me it would just be a re-stock of the fuge about every six months to a year.....not sure that type of usage would be enough make an "on the shelf" item.

2nd Martin's idea

I would be very interested. I agree with Howard's sentiments, that it is a bit pricey for a regular "food" item. But, I think it is a good idea, like mentioned above, for an occasional restocking of the 'pod population and to increase the diversity of critters. I would buy a bottle every 6-12 months if it is good quality. I have several critters that are decimating my pod population now.

Maybe something similar to a frag swap for the meetings. Put out a message a few weeks before a meeting asking who would like some. If I were going to the meeting (afraid I can't make this month's), I would probably be interested in picking up a bottle.

Guest Edwardj

I would get some. If i have my fuge in my sump before the skimmer, would these things make it to the tank? Or would the fuge spit them out? I am contemplating separating my fuge from the sump so i can avoid having the pump between it and the tank. Any thoughts?