Purple pseudochromis

TRhino35

I have a 40 gallon breeder reef tank with a beautiful Purple Pseudochromis. The problem? My Pseudochromis is mean as heck to the point that I can't have any other fish. So do any of you guys want him or have any ideas what I can do with him?

Sadly that is the nature of "most" pseudochromis, there are a few exceptions, but the majority of them are definitely on the aggressive side if not downright evil.  If I wasn't having tank issues at the moment I would say I could take him, but at the moment I am trying to resolve problems before I can add fish again.

Yea I had a six line that would do that. It was good because it would keep me from buying more fish. Less fish less problems!

I would pull him and place it in the sump or another tank for a month until the new fish settles in then place it back in. Or find it a new home.

(edited)

If you really like that type of fish though, you can get a Fridmani (aka orchid), since they are like the only non-aggressive dottyback. Mine never bothered anyone. I loved it, but got rid of it so I could have a similar shaped fish (don't put them with similar looking fish), and was upset then because it leaped from the guy's tank right away and died. I'd get another if I didn't have any firefish.

Edited by treesprite