Mixing station containers

20LogR

What’s everyone using for water storage tanks for RO and fresh saltwater? I not a big fan of the garbage cans, but I can’t justify spending more on freight shipping then the actual cost of the containers. I’m leaning towards Tractor supply because they will at least ship to store for free. Are there any other options local to the area? I don’t mind driving to an extent. 

What’s everyone using for water storage tanks for RO and fresh saltwater? I not a big fan of the garbage cans, but I can’t justify spending more on freight shipping then the actual cost of the containers. I’m leaning towards Tractor supply because they will at least ship to store for free. Are there any other options local to the area? I don’t mind driving to an extent. 

I use 55 gallon food grade barrels find them on craigslist from $10-25

Still using 32 gallon garbage cans. Been thinking about upgrading to the food grade drums and maybe someday some of those nice white storage tanks with the numbers printed on the side.

Don't those Craigslist adds usually say "not for drinking water"? I assumed that would would rule out use for our tanks.

I use the ones that say food grade barrels have not had a problem in over a year here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

+1, if you don't need pretty, the 30 sand 50 gallon Pepsi drums are great.  They smell like sierra mist or mountain dew for a bit but otherwise fine for mixing/storing water.

Still using 32 gallon garbage cans. Been thinking about upgrading to the food grade drums and maybe someday some of those nice white storage tanks with the numbers printed on the side.

With the white Pepsi drums, a Sharpie serves as a great way to get those numbers on the side!