I know I am overfeeding, but......

goodreeef

I have some small fish that won't get any if i don't put a lot in the tank? They get out competed for the food.

How do you guys feed , when you have fish in the tank that are not as quick,or deliberate feeders like copper band?

I feed in 3 different segments...

I have auto feeder for pellets...which turns off my powerheads and it turns 2 times so the initial burst my aggressive feeders get...then the second dump most of the other get fed...then when I come home (on my early days that I don't close my store at 10 at night) I also feed some frozen with my baster..so my LPS get some food too..this is usually only 2 or 3 days a week..and I never do it 2 days I a row...

I broadcast feed 2x a day. I don't turn off any pumps and I drop all the food down in front of my powerheads. Everybody gets a bite, as they've all learned to be quick. For fish like copperbands, I wouldn't suggest them in a young tank (and really any tank, I'm a hypocrite because I have one) but they are natural grazers, and pick at rocks all day long. If you can't support a mandarin, then you for sure can not support a copperband, jmo there. My coppterband picks at the rocks all day long, and he does eat frozen, but not very much, and even 2x a day is not enough for him I believe.

I broadcast feed 2x a day. I don't turn off any pumps and I drop all the food down in front of my powerheads. Everybody gets a bite, as they've all learned to be quick. For fish like copperbands, I wouldn't suggest them in a young tank (and really any tank, I'm a hypocrite because I have one) but they are natural grazers, and pick at rocks all day long. If you can't support a mandarin, then you for sure can not support a copperband, jmo there. My coppterband picks at the rocks all day long, and he does eat frozen, but not very much, and even 2x a day is not enough for him I believe.

I feed twice a day with an auto feeder, every few days toss in some frozen, and white worms.  As for Mandarin I have a male and female pair and they are both very active and fat!  

I have 9 fish. I squirt some food on the left which feeds 3-4 fish, 3 of the fish eat pods/nutramar, I have to spot feed 2 fish on the right (gumdrop coral croucher and randalls goby). I use an altered Kent SeaSquirt to feed the 6 fish that eat brine/mysis.

I put a ton of food in my tank one or two days a week and everybody gets fed BUT I also skip feeding at least one day a week.

My copperband is my fastest feeder so I use one of these to feed him and quickly put food on the other side of the tank, then when he goes over there, I quickly feed the other side again.  It's a game every day.

feeders001.jpg

Here is a short video

th_2013-03-27115558_zps12b3b802.jpg