Unknown snail type creature

epleeds

I recently found what I think are snails in my tank but they do not have shells. They only come out at night and they are oval shaped. When the light goes on, they try to hide. I can not get a decent picture. Does anyone have any idea based off of my description as to what they are?

After googling it. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Thanks. Not sure how I got them in my tank but it says they are good to have.

Thanks.

I found one in my tank the other day and google it. Mine was trying to spawn as it was blowing puffs of white cloud in the water. I hear they are good as well. Too bad mine is the lone star in the tank.

Edited by st9z

I found one in my tank the other day and google it. Mine was trying to spawn as it was blowing puffs of white cloud in the water. I hear they are good as well. Too bad mine is the lone star in the tank.

I had exactly the same thing happen the other day!  Mine is pretty large (I'd say around 1"), but like yours also appears to be alone in the tank.  I was a little worried since it's in the 6 gallon and it spawned for several minutes, but no issues that I can see.  

Also interested in adding these to my tank at some point (more interested in molluscs than fish). I have a rapidly growing population of collonista and would like to get some diversity/competition going before they completely fill that niche.