Kyle's 75g build

Woah! Nice stuff in there! Looking good, sir!

Thank you sir! Need to get a good pic of the scoly I picked up from you. The color on it when its all opened up is so nice!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sir! Need to get a good pic of the scoly I picked up from you. The color on it when its all opened up is so nice!

I'm finding as I move forward, that I have a hard time keeping all those Welsos and open brains with sps. This is due to an increase in flow. I look forward to seeing your sucess with both!

I'm finding as I move forward, that I have a hard time keeping all those Welsos and open brains with sps. This is due to an increase in flow. I look forward to seeing your sucess with both

I remember some of your posts about that and have been keeping an eye on it. I've had to move my powerheads around a bit and play with the settings to find that happy medium. With two MP40's on a 75 I have a crazy amount of flow. With the recent additions, I've actually turned one of them off and turned the other one up a good bit, and watched closely for a while, and so far everything seems pretty happy. SPS seem to be much happier now also. Must have found that sweet spot as far as flow goes. Definitely need to keep an eye on it for a while still though. 

finally found this thread and subscribed - thanks for sharing sir!

Thanks for checking it out and following along sir! I'm off work this week so hopefully I'll have some good updates to share in the next couple days.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting closer to getting the 120g set up. Big thanks to Richard (ERC) for coming by last night and helping me get one step closer on that. While he was here we cut some frags from a few of my bigger acro and zoa colonies. I set up a small frag tank a little bit ago so we'll see how they turn out. In the meantime, here's a few recent pictures.

d1e42176-fab3-4979-9789-cdafd6163383_zps

Scoly I picked up from Isaac recently. This picture does it no good. The colors on it when its all

opened are so nice!

2e2ee342-f9e9-4fee-adb2-8c2c09eb72de_zps

ffb9f650-4220-4370-a488-a199bdeeb448_zps

d7495bc7-05d3-452c-92eb-c110c44c1cec_zps

Scoly from Marco from the last ERC live-sale, again the picture does this no good. The darker

spots on it are actually a really bright blue.

0b52b12f-61e7-4053-b05b-f8c08b6af7d2_zps

I can't see pictures at the moment, service is bad, but I'm commenting so I remember to come back, I'm sure it looks great!

I can't see pictures at the moment, service is bad, but I'm commenting so I remember to come back, I'm sure it looks great!

Thank you sir! I'm really happy with the way things are going, and everything seems do be doing really well! I'm not quite ready to call it great just yet, but I will call it really good! If I can get the phosphates under control I'll be closer to saying it's great. Richard and I were talking last night and like you, I'm thinking of going the GFO route and seeing what happens. 

nice  work so far, looking forward to some more updates

Thanks for checking it out and for the positive feedback sir! I will hopefully have a few more updates coming soon. Like you, I'm just starting a 120 upgrade. That will be a new much more detailed build thread unlike this one of just mainly pictures. Thanks again for checking it out and good luck with your build! I'll be following along. 

That Bonazai is looking VERY happy! Well done. Is that a melanurus wrass? Also, that Scoly from ERC is hot. Keep me in mind if you ever want to get rid of it!

That Bonazai is looking VERY happy! Well done. Is that a melanurus wrass? Also, that Scoly from ERC is hot. Keep me in mind if you ever want to get rid of it!

Thank you! That seems to be one of the more sensitive pieces I have as far as the color goes. It tends to be my phosphate tester....9 out of 10 times, when it starts losing color phosphates are way high. The wrasse is a christmas wrasse. It has so much personality and is so fun to watch. I will try to get a good pic of the scoly...it looks so much better in person. First dibs to you if I ever decide to get rid of it. Thanks again for the kind words sir!

• 2 weeks later...

I think this build is pretty much finished up now since work on the 120g upgrade is finally moving along. I'll start an actual detailed build thread for that soon. In the meantime, I might as well share some recent pictures. 

8930dd49-9889-4aa5-a6a7-7dd4c4bdef8e_zps

DSC_0409_zps2e189616.jpg

DSC_0408_zpsb7a1019d.jpg

3777dc81-551e-4bac-89d7-d3b78fbc5d2f_zps

DSC_0362_zpsb674a970.jpg

DSC_0383_zpsf128df4c.jpg

DSC_0354_zps9ff19ef8.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsa8fc40aa.jpg

DSC_0401_zps4f668b22.jpg

DSC_0253_zps550eff16.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsaa6b31a6.jpg

Nice scoly rock!

Thank you sir! The one I got from you (last picture) looks so good when it's opened up. The yellow color of the tentacles like awesome. 
Also...The picture below the scoly rock is a frag I got from you. Can you refresh my memory what that is? It has really taken off lately! 

Thank you sir! The one I got from you (last picture) looks so good when it's opened up. The yellow color of the tentacles like awesome. 
Also...The picture below the scoly rock is a frag I got from you. Can you refresh my memory what that is? It has really taken off lately! 

Sure can, it was sold to me as a rainbow granulosa.

Wow... nice setup.  I already want a bigger tank.

Haha....yeah it doesn't take long for that to kick in. Mine will be up for sale in the coming weeks. 

• 4 weeks later...

You have good taste.

Thank you sir! 

darn Kyle looking awesome!

Thanks man! That cali blue is growing like crazy! Joe the coral is too but I can't get it to color up like it was. The tips are coloring up pretty nice but nothing like it was for you. Let me know if/when you get back around this way sir.

Looking good brotha!

Thanks buddy, appreciate it! Starting to get things figured out. Thinking of some changes/additions so we'll see how it all plays out. 

Zoas i picked up from you are doing great. Will get some pics up in the next few days.