a RARE match made in heaven - red sea harlequin filefish!!

monkiboy

i've tried my hand at some pretty finicky eaters and some rare species but not too often both!

i've had these guys for a while now, they've been through treatment and quarantine and are 100% eating well on frozen hikari mysis, spirulina brine, IO brine shrimp gels bits hidden in dead acropora colonies.

i've started with a few and these guys took to each other and i've had them in the same tank for over 3 weeks without issue and they seem to really enjoy each other's company and will routinely flirt and dance with one another through the dusk hours.

these guys are not to be confused with their more common o. longirostris brethren. the red sea variety is very hard to come by and to get eating well on prepared meals even more so.

for anyone interested and/or if you have questions, please PM me. i will want to know that proper research has been done on the species and their care and tank requirement even though 90% of the hard work has been done for you. :tongue:

the pair is being sold for $294!

749df26d-1ce4-4c60-8e05-eee13e628f34_zps

26a7e9ae-4583-4b04-981c-d275bfffbd51_zps

Wow, that's a super nice pair and a great price, who's gonna get them?!

thanks everyone - gorgeous indeed and sad to go but i'm sure there will be tons more challenging fish i can get ready for our reef tanks.

these guys are sold!