Bleached RBTA help

.OptimusPrime.

My nem is bleaching/bleached and I can't seem to do anything to make it return to what it once was. My clowns don't even host inside anymore.

The only major change I have made to my system is I now have a BB tank. The change was made over several weeks during water changes a bit at a time. Probably over a 2-3 month span. As far as I can recall the nem was on the decline before the switch. 

My parameters seem fine. No ammonia.  Nitrate / Phosphate rate readings are 0 but that could be due to some HA / cyano. I suck up as much as possible during WCs.

Dunno why I have algae in the first place since feeding is light as I only have 2 clowns and nothing else in the tank. Could it be the flake food I am feeding?

Flow inside the tank is more than sufficient I think - 2 WP40's on else mode and 2 Koralia 750 evos, but I still manage to somehow have cyano so I don't think its flow.

Used to give the nem a piece of shrimp 1x a week.

Lights are on 8 hours a day.

Salinity is at 1.025

W/C schedule - 5G changes Monday and Wednesday with 20G on Saturday

I'm at a loss at this point. If I can't save it, might need someone to give it a new home.

Any help is appreciated.

FgAp6rk.jpg

(edited)

what kind of lights?

hmmm, looks like it's in rough shape.  

Could it be getting too much light? 

what is your temp and is it consistent....

what are you measuring your salinity with?

if the light was too strong I would think it would hide...I wonder if it isn't strong enough....

Same fixture as always - 6 bulb Tek Elite with 4 ATI Blue Plus  1 - ATI purple plus 1 - GE - 6500K. Bulbs are probably right around 6 months old. 

Refractometer for salinity. 

Temp is 79-80.

Edited by .OptimusPrime.

I have seem nem deteriorate like this from time to time. sorry to see, but IMO, not a whole lot you can do, beside contained (make sure it have some light) it and try tiny small of food once a week. If it goes under the rock for a long period of time, it done!

I have one that swallowed all it tentacles and shrink to thumb size. I took it out and kept it into a sump (lighted) and nourished it back and tentacles grew back after 6 months, but still very small. I thought it was healthy enough and moved it to the DT, next morning, it disappeared (I think the lobster ate it!).  

Good luck!

Any pictures of how it used to look? How are the other corals and inhabitants doing?

My guess is that even though you removed the sand bed slowly you released enough crap into the water and that damaged the nem. Your best bet is to keep up on water changes and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

Any pictures of how it used to look? How are the other corals and inhabitants doing?

z0zGTLC.jpg

you can see it there. This was back at the end of December 2013. It was still red it color and had its tentacles and bulb tips.

No other corals or inhabitants outside of the two clownfish and they seem healthy and normal as always.

Edited by .OptimusPrime.