Sharkey's zoa tank

I need to figure out what to do about the rock work...  The rock is all pretty low so the top half of the tank is pretty empty.  Also need to add some rock to the right side also. But so far so good. Saving up for a visit to Ben's for some more frags..... 

More pics to come.

I also just changed out the T5 bulbs today.  New combo is a bit too white. Will probably switch out a white for another blue.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnetic rock racks that you have on the back wall, with zoas.

yeah i might try those new ones. The mag rocks fall off all the time. Not enough magnets. 

I was planning on doing the cerameco stuff in this tank so when the group buy fell through i had to improvise.

yeah i might try those new ones. The mag rocks fall off all the time. Not enough magnets. 

I was planning on doing the cerameco stuff in this tank so when the group buy fell through i had to improvise.

Aw dang, you just missed one that Marco did for ceramico stuff, I think he was cleaning their inventory though, and it's over. I would keep my eye out for those pieces going up FS, I think a lot of people bought without having space :)

• 1 month later...

Update on this tank. It's doing great. It is in the middle of a cyano bloom, that may or may not go away. I have decided not to clean the back or side glass for now and see what happens. I have to clean the front glass every other day. I would be concerned if the zoas weren't so darn happy. 

The only filtration is the live rock and a filter sock that I forget to change regularly. The zoas that were melting in the 250 have recovered and are growing really well in this dirty tank. I love it. it's so easy and so pretty.... Here are some shots. 

IMG_0347_zpsb12a60c9.jpg

IMG_0346_zps6af90efd.jpg

IMG_0343_zps5c5f0640.jpgIMG_0338_zps45a33b01.jpg

IMG_0327_zpsb6895ff0.jpg

IMG_0324_zpsfe7c9891.jpg

IMG_0317_zps08c772df.jpg

IMG_0313_zps6333b4a4.jpg

IMG_0312_zps26dfd105.jpg

IMG_0316_zps98fbd7f4.jpg

IMG_0325_zpsf45ddc16.jpg

Beautiful! Are those last ones the AOG frag from me? If so, nice growth!

Yep! Those are from you. Looking great. 

Awesome! Glad to see the colors and growth. I can't wait to get my T5 supplemental lighting up so I can mimic some of your magic! It's looking really nice, I'm glad to see such an amazing turn around on some of those colonies. I'm also pleased to see you're doing all that without a skimmer!