Do any vendors quarantine?

Incredible corals does a spectacular job with ALL their fish. The fish system with the,copper and prazzi is just amazing. Amanda does an amazing job running that system! And i havent seen any stores go to the lenghths IC does to make sure they do their part in getting you healthy fish! Cool thing is everyone there, they do care 100%.

What is your stores way of making sure the wild fish you sell are healthy?

And actually I would like to hear from the others as well.

Incredible corals is doing a fine job of running copper and prazzi to keep their wild fish systems clean.

Also doing a great job of qting other stuff so customers can have clean tanks and corals. They go the extra mile and word of mouth so far has proved to me to be the biggest part of running a store well. I mean the coustomers are the advertizement.

Lol does she make you breakfast in bed when you post this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Incredible corals does a spectacular job with ALL their fish. The fish system with the,copper and prazzi is just amazing. Amanda does an amazing job running that system! And i havent seen any stores go to the lenghths IC does to make sure they do their part in getting you healthy fish! Cool thing is everyone there, they do care 100%.

Incredible corals is doing a fine job of running copper and prazzi to keep their wild fish systems clean.

Also doing a great job of qting other stuff so customers can have clean tanks and corals. They go the extra mile and word of mouth so far has proved to me to be the biggest part of running a store well. I mean the coustomers are the advertizement.

+1 on this, my water, all my corals, and all but one of my fish came from IC.....def a store you can trust. 

So to continue the hijack of Jason's thread since this is now about IC's treatment protocol, Steve said above that it's not really a quarantine because you're adding new fish each week or so. 

Do you get any bugs sneaking through the perma-copper and prazi bath?  If so, is it mostly the new fish that haven't been exposed to treatment levels of those chemicals or is it the older stuff getting re-infected by the new stuff? 

Do you still encourage your customers to do their own full treatment protocol?  If so, then the copper/prazi in the store is really preserving the fish investment while they're in the store, (meaning they don't croak while in the store and are at least guaranteed hardy enough to tolerate treatment levels of chemicals), and hopefully knocking back whatever they have enough that less-experienced hobbyists have a chance once they get them home and into treatment.

Edited by AlanM

So to continue the hijack of Jason's thread since this is now about IC's treatment protocol

Lets not turn it into that. Jason was asking if any stores in the area QT'd, which is already by this threads definition, pretty loose.

I would encourage other vendors to chime in about their process, if there happens to be one in place. Let's be respectful, and educate.

I will again mention, that I don't believe you will find a vendor that does a full proper treating quarantine without asking/paying for it.

I will again mention, that I don't believe you will find a vendor that does a full proper treating quarantine without asking/paying for it.

True, because the vendors know the business and know that it is impossible to do that and still sell fish for the prices that everyone expects to see them at.  Who is selling $5 chromis that have been in the store for 4 weeks of prazi and copper and more if any problems are seen?  Nobody.  Is there a market for $20 chromis that have been treated that way?  Maybe, but it's risky unless the customer is really on board I guess.

BTW, I'm not trying to be disrespectful of IC, and I even reread to make sure I wasn't bashing them.  I think they're great and I've bought a bunch of stuff there on my one trip. (why are they so far away?)  They keep posting awesome stuff, and it's frustrating that I can't get out there to check it out more often.  I'm just responding to the previous few posts.  I think Steve was up front with what they do and it's limitations, and I'm curious what the results are of their careful handling.

Do you feel lucky punk?

...well... do ya'?!

But that's about right. Yourself, pay for it, or gamble.

LOL'ed so hard soda came through my nose

Not sure what your talking about but surely you can go ask her yourself and see what she has to say, she does give great advice.

That would be good to read. I don't worry about the safety, but there are plenty of stories on the internet of fish coming back to life after being frozen so I wouldn't rule out anything.

That would be good to read. I don't worry about the safety, but there are plenty of stories on the internet of fish coming back to life after being frozen so I wouldn't rule out anything.

I'm confused. Was this intended for another thread?