help I ripped the head off my hammer!

jacobB89

was doing a water change just now and the power head fell out of my hand and first thing it hit was my hammer:( 1 of the heads out of 3 total got ripped off 90% of the tentacles. What do I do from here can I leave it like that? will it continue to grow? do i need to cut it off some how? or something else? 

post-2633886-0-05250800-1391880851_thumb.jpg

post-2633886-0-31460500-1391880854_thumb.jpg

post-2633886-0-08662900-1391880858_thumb.jpg

I say let it be, will bounce back or die. The healthy heads will be fine.

I say let it be, will bounce back or die. The healthy heads will be fine.

ok I read to do another smaller water change tomorrow to help get any toxins out of the water column i already have some mixed up so guess i should just do that tomorrow too.

It should grow back.lol. FunTimes.lol and yes, water change then, because it is releasing Toxins into the Stream..

yea not so fun today not that they normally are anyway i was stressing out over it 

• 4 weeks later...

I did the same with my green birds nest, smashed it into 3-4 pieces, they all grew back fine, hammers seem to be hard to kill i'm sure you'll be fine

I had a small hammer that my Pistol shrimp decided he needed to help support a wall to his cave. I didn't see it for weeks. Last week it was laying outside his den and still barely alive. I moved it to the other side of the tank and it now looks as good as it did before my pistol decided he liked it better than me