Will this work???

TheyCallMeMr.703

it looks like the edges/corners of the tank kinda are not totally supported by the stand...is that ok? I always thought it had to be completely on the stand?

(edited)

it looks like the edges/corners of the tank kinda are not totally supported by the stand...is that ok? I always thought it had to be completely on the stand?

Yes, Generally every tank should. This is just barely over the edge, from the bottom, it is actually very much so on the stand, which should be ok... but I'm Not one to take chances like that...

This Tank, was given to me Right after the stand was built... and unfortunately is not a perfect fit, unlike the 75g that was initially going there... :(

Is a Very quick easy fix. Will be cutting a 2x4 down the middle, and placing it on each side... This should help to take the load, and it will be held up additionally other then screws, by a Joist/Hanger made from Metal, for extra support... :).

Upon that... There will be a Plywood base, with a Cutout, so I can see under the tank (and so that no moisture becomes trapped between the 2), and most likely a thin piece of Foam, of some kind...   Is the plan at the moment... Keeps changes as the days progress, and Surprises come my way... :( :)

More Work... :(

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Skip the foam on non-flat bottom tanks. Looks like you have a bottom trim on there. Thanks for posting pics of the build. Good Luck with her!

Thanks... was just thinking more about the foam, and may not use it... as it not necessary... but really like the idea of a FLAT.lol(plywood), surface for the tank to rest evenly upon...  Your thoughts??

And more then glad to share... will be starting a new build thread eventually, just been so dang busy...  Got TONS of Pic's tho'.lol. :biggrin: Thanks.

:bluefish: She should be wet and running Very Shortly.. :fish:

Plywood is fine. Foam is not for a trimmed tank like that.

Sent from my phone running CM 11.0

(edited)

Last Update With Pic's... Will do a thread this weekend sometime...
 Still have to do baffles, finish stand, glue plumbing/drain. Hook up Return, hang lights, wire up electronics and soo much more... Then got to fill the thing... :) Which will surely be a Very Happy moment.12374052394_6d6d4dbefd_c.jpg
 12374050274_a8df6c7ca3_c.jpgWith just enough room to slide in and out... Close Fit... :)

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703