Hands down best way to refresh rock?

Tink

So, what's the general consensus on the best way to take used rock and get it back to like new?

Muriatic Acid?

Bleach?

.......?

I'll worry about making it live again once this process is complete. That raises another question.... Allow your rock to cure in the newly set up display, or cure ahead of time?

Opinions please

Funny this topic comes up since I just getting ready to do it.

My experience over the years to refresh dry rock to live rock is pretty easy.

I'm about to do it with a few pieces of awesome shaped dry Marco rock I just got at Reef eScape.

I simply place it in a clean trash can with a power head pointed straight up or as close as possible.

Then I add water change water from my existing tank and a piece or two of  live rock. 

I then change that now rock water with water from the tanks water changes until I'm ready or I see that the nitrite level is near zero.

This can take several weeks depending on the rock you are cycling. 

Old rock with debris on it will take longer then fresh clean rock.

I'm pretty excited about this dry rock I got at Reef eScape, it's some of the nicest I've seen in the 28 years I've been doing Marine tanks.

So, what's the general consensus on the best way to take used rock and get it back to like new?

Muriatic Acid?

Bleach?

.......?

I'll worry about making it live again once this process is complete. That raises another question.... Allow your rock to cure in the newly set up display, or cure ahead of time?

Opinions please

From what I can gather on the internet, the acid is the best way to go if you want to really clean your rock. 

If you are setting up a new display go ahead and chuck the cleaned rock in there.  Saves you the hassle of setting up a separate curing system, and cycles your tank --two for one! 

Bleach ...then LC.

Acid will strip some rock down pretty bad

and make it brittle but if your rock is still

nasty after the bleach then a acid bath is in order.